About the branch
This branch has served the Irvington community since 1903 when the Bona Thompson Library was donated to Butler College and soon became a public library branch. Following relocations in 1914 and 1921, a new facility was built on East Washington Street in 1956 and named for Irvington’s distinguished citizen, Hilton U. Brown. The Brown Branch closed its doors in 2001 to make way for the current 16,000-square-foot Irvington Branch that opened later that year.